Downstairs Hall
Upstairs Hall
Exterior Back


Executive Director:
Maureen O'Connor Leach

180 Burrs Road
Westampton, NJ 08060
Telephone:  (609) 267-6996
Open: By appointment.

From Exit 47 of Interstate 295 or Exit 5 of the New Jersey Turnpike, take Route 541 toward Mount Holly. Turn right onto Burrs Road (jug handle) crossing Route 541 straight to Peachfield; approximately three miles from 295 Exit 47 and two miles from Turnpike Exit 5.

Certified as a New Jersey Historic Site
Registered as a National Historic Place
  • In 1674 John Skene purchased 500 acres of land in West Jersey and established his plantation, Peachfield. Skene was the first free Mason resident in the colonies and served in the General Assembly and as Deputy Governor.
  • In 1695 Henry Burr, an important Quaker landowner of the time, purchased the property from Skene's widow, Helena. Burr built his farmhouse, Peachfield, in 1725 to which his eldest son added an addition in 1732. Descendants of Henry Burr owned Peachfield until 1896.
  1928 Peachfield destroyed by fire.
  1931 Norman and Miriam Harker purchased Peachfield.
  1932-45 Architect R. Brognard Okie (1865-1945) restored the house to a Colonial Revival interior on its original foundation and original stone walls.
  1965 Mrs. Harker bequeathed the property to The National Society of The Colonial Dames of America in The State of New Jersey for use as its headquarters.

Peachfield is open to the public by appointment. Tours may be arranged by contacting NSCDA-NJ at 609 267-6996 or by emailing us.

Main | Peachfield | Old Schoolhouse | Links | Events

© Copyright 2010, National Society of The Colonial Dames of America in The State of New Jersey.